Personal networks (tutorial)
EgoNet is a software to conduct interviews in which the personal networks of respondents are collected. This tutorial explains (1) how to load data collected with EgoNet into visone and (2) how to cluster, aggregate, and visualize collections of personal networks using the methodology proposed in: Ulrik Brandes, Juergen Lerner, Miranda J. Lubbers, Chris McCarty, and Jose Luis Molina "Visual Statistics for Collections of Clustered Graphs". Proc. IEEE Pacific Visualization Symp. (PacificVis'08), 2008 (link to pdf).
- 1 An exemplary dataset
- 2 The EgoNet2GraphML software
- 3 Converting EgoNet interviews into GraphML files
- 4 Visual analysis of personal networks on the individual level
- 5 Class-level analysis of personal networks
- 6 Tendency and dispersion in collections of personal networks