Link selection dialog
Note: the link selection dialog is no longer part of the visone GUI. Methods to select and filter links are provided by the attribute manager.
The link selection dialog is called from the links menu, enabling convenient selection of link subsets based on a wealth of possible similarities.
You have to mark the conditions you want to use in the left column; and let those you do not want to use unmarked.
In general, ordinal visual properties and data attributes allow a selection based on smaller (<), equal (=) or greater (>) values according to a specified threshold (right field). You may also which to set two check marks to create selections based on smaller equal (< and =), greater equal (= and >), or non-equal (< and >) conditions.
Multiple conditions on nominal properties can be combined, performing successive selection operations accordingly.
- border color
- direction - directed or undirected
- confirmation - receiver confirmed, sender confirmed or (mutually) confirmed
Any link attribute can be incorporated into selection conditions, too. In terms of text attributes, you can ask to match exactly the text entered in the right field, or to contain this text at least as a substring.
incidence with selected nodes
- direction: You can select links that have at least one selected node as source (out) or sink (in). With regard to an undirected link, the incident nodes are both, source and sink.
- confirms: Similarly, you can select a link based on whether it is confirmed (yes) by at least one selected node or not (no).
- number: Additionally, you can select a link based on whether none of its incident nodes is selected, at least one of its incident nodes is selected or both of its incident nodes are selected.
- direction: You can select links that connect two nodes in the same direction as at least one selected link and/or connect two nodes in the reverse direction as at least one selected link. With regard to an undirected link, there is no difference.
At the bottom of the selection dialog you have to chose which selection operation should be performed regarding the specified conditions.
- replace: discards previous selections and creates a new selection with all links fulfilling the specified conditions
- add: adds all links fulfilling the specified conditions to current selection
- remove: removes all links fulfilling the specified conditions to current selection
- restrict: restricts the current selection to all contained links fulfilling the specified conditions